Teachers pay Teachers

Kindergarten, First, Second, Third - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Teachers pay Teachers is so awesome!

I am so happy I found the Teachers pay Teachers site. :) My husband was kind enough to show me a video of Deanna from TpT, and I am really glad he did. Since I haven't been working after I left my school in the summer, my husband has been encouraging me to write books. He thinks I would be good at it, but I told him I don't know enough and I don't think I would make much of a profit. Let's just say, being at home most of the time folding clothes, getting sucked into facebook, and moping about not being in school, gets really old, really fast. :( So I started looking into it, book writing I mean, and I loaded some writing programs, researched book writing, researched selling (I am so not a salesperson) and researched publishing (that part scares me). I decided that I really do like to write, and it doesn't seem too terrible to attempt writing my first book in my late 30's. I mean, what do I really have to lose? I have about six or seven books that I started up, but nothing substantial yet. I also started writing in my other blog. One of the teachers asked how my book writing  was going, and I told her it was very slow. I guess that's just me, I don't want to risk going too fast, too full throttle, because I worry that I will burn myself out. I figure, slow and steady wins the race. That is the approach I've been taking with TpT as well. It suits me just fine, keeps me busy, and happy, and I feel like I'm actually working toward something good! I also don't have to worry quite so much about the never ending laundry! Yay!

You can take a look at my very itty bitty selection if you like. Don't worry, I will get more in there, but it will take time. So follow me if you haven't, and I'll see you at TpT. I'll tell you, I really love the forum! There are so many wonderful people on there. http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Venus-Brown
 Venus Brown 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments, discussion, feedback, rants, raves, or vents. However, it needs to be appropriate for old ladies, teachers and little kids. No foul language, I tell students that if it belongs in the toilet it shouldn't be coming out of your mouth. Try to be decent to everyone, you don't have to agree, but you need to use courtesy. Thank about how your words or reaction may influence others. If I feel things are out of hand, or you are just being foul, you get one warning, then I will remove you.Thank you and enjoy!